Padma is a Sanskrit word where Padma means lotus. So, it is also known as lotus pose. Padmasana is a crossed legs pose in which the feets are placing on the opposing thighs.
Good for meditation
If you love meditation then doing this while holding padmasana pose, you may have a better meditation practice. If you are sitting in padmasana then you can practice meditation more easily and effectively.
Six Benefits Of Padmasana
Apart from meditation benefits you may have some other benefits with padmasana. Some of its key benefits are listed here:
- It is good for your stomach and improves digestion.
- It can control tridosha that is vaat, Pitt and kapha.
- It also help in improving flexibility in legs.
- It relaxes the mind and body.
- It reduces menstrual discomfort.
- It is good for pregnant women.
5 Steps to do Padmasana
- Sit on a Floor or a mat with both legs stretch straight while keeping the spine erect.
- Bend the right knee and place it on the left thigh
- Now bend the left knee and place it on the right thigh.
- Keep the head straight and spine erect.
- Hold this position with gentle breathe in and breathe out.
Always seek the advice from your health care professional or certified trainer before engaging in any fitness activity.