If you want to live a stress free life then this breathing technique work well for you. In today’s life stress is a main cause of many diseases. We all have some kind of stress weather it is a financial stress, physical or mental stress. Breathing techniques are the part of hatha yoga. There are many breathing techniques in Yoga but anulom vilom Pranayama is best for all type of mental stress.
First of all you need to understand the meaning of anulom vilom. First word Anu with word Loma means “with the grain” or “natural”. And the meaning of Viloma is “against the grain.” Anuloma is opposite to Viloma.
Anulom vilom Pranayama is very good for the people suffering from respiratory related disease like asthma.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is the best way of balancing the Tridosh in our body. Vaat, Pitta, Kaffa knows as Tri dosh. Tri means “three” and the meaning of dosh is impurities. If all these tri dosh is not balanced then there are more chances for health related problems to occur. These tri dosh are responsible for all health related disease. So it is very important to balance these tri dosh.
These tri dosh can be balanced very easily by practicing anulom vilom Pranayama regularly.
Three Step to do anulom vilom
Anulom vilom Pranayama is very easy to do. Follow these steps and do it in a right way.
- Close your eyes and sit in Padmasana and rest your hands on your knees.
Close the right nostril with the right thumb. Inhale slowly through the left nostril, inhale the oxygen as much as you can, so that your lung is fully filled with air.
- Remove your thumb from your right nostril, and use your middle finger to close your left nostril and just exhale from right nostril.
- When you exhale then inhale with your right nostril and exhale from left nostril. Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
Be focused and concentrate on your breathing. Breathing must be slow and deep.
What is the benefit anulom vilom
- It helps to cure depression, anxiety, stress and other problem related to mental health.
- Balance all the three dosh thus improving your immune system.
- It will boost your memory power.
- It can be beneficial for people suffering from breathing related problems like asthma, bronchitis etc.
- This pranayama is very good for your lungs and can improve their oxygen carrying capacity.
- Problems like cough and cold can be easily avoided by doing anulom vilom pranayama.
- This breathing technique can be used for meditation purpose.
Everyone can do this without any precautions